Prince’s Trust Achieve Programme
Year’s 12 & 13
Exam Board: Prince’s Trust
Grades awarded: Level 1 and Level 2
Subject Leader: Mr S Sansom (Head of Sixth Form)
The Prince’s Trust Award, Certificate and Diploma in Personal Development and Employability Skills (PDE) recognises a breadth of personal skills, qualities and attitudes required by employers across a range of sectors.
The completion of modules are accredited by the Prince’s Trust and students can gain ‘The Personal Development and Employability Skills (PDE) Qualification, at either Level 1 or Level 2 (Award, Certificate or Diploma). Young people collate evidence of their achievements in a variety of ways, such as diaries, annotated photographs, written reports, and presentations. Students are graded at pass or fail, and the portfolios of evidence are internally assessed and externally moderated.
The five key themes are:
- Active Citizenship
- Enterprise Projects
- Preparation for Work
- Personal Social Development
- Life Skills
The qualifications have been developed with the aim of progressing learners into further education and/or employment. They give learners the opportunity to:
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in, and through, learning.
- Engage in learning to that is relevant to them and support their development of personal skills and attributes that are essential for working life and employment.
- Prepare themselves for progression into further education programmes, apprenticeships or other work-based learning.
- Develop their English and Mathematics skills.
On the Achieve course you will:
- Try something different: Have fun and try new activities such as building a robot, kayaking or making a video.
- Get ready for the world of work: Gain a qualification valued by colleges and employers, create a stand-out CV, practice for future interviews and explore your skills.
- Gain life skills:Through fun and practical sessions, learn how to manage money, be healthy and stay safe.
- Take part in a community project: Make a difference to your local area by working as a part of a team.
- Run an enterprise project: Experience what it takes to run a business and think about your career options.
For more information on the course you can look up the Prince’s Trust Website, www.princes-trust.org.uk