We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational teacher of Design and Technology who is committed to raising the achievement of our students. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-resourced specialist team. Design & Technology is a very popular subject and is taught to all at KS3 and is optional at KS4 and KS5. Uptake has risen significantly over recent years. Next year in lower school we will teach a 4 subject carousel rotation of Food, Product Design (RM), Graphics or Textiles and Engineering, KS3 has 3 lessons a week. At KS4 we teach a range of GCSEs and BTECS and are currently re-developing our KS5 offer.
You will be joining a relatively new team committed to improvement and passionate about creative, engaging teaching and learning. Our team actively welcomes change, new ideas, the development of schemes of work and working collaboratively. Our ethos is one of high expectations and you will be very well supported in achieving this. Applications from NQTs or experienced teachers welcome. The department is ambitious, and committed to the personal development of all staff. There are excellent opportunities for high quality CPD and of leadership of teaching and learning areas with D&T.
The successful candidate will be able to teach two or more of the following specialisms:
- Graphic Design
- Fashion & Textiles
- Resistant Materials
The successful candidate should:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Be innovative and able to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with all stakeholders and enthuse students
- Be enthusiastic, a team player, self-motivated and committed to further professional development
Closing Date 9.00am Friday 15th April 2016
Interviews week beginning 25th April (provisionally)
- TeacherOfDesignTechnologyApr16.pdf (162 downloads)
- TeacherOfDesignTechnologyInfoPackApr16.pdf (160 downloads)
- Application Pack - Teaching Staff (PDF) (778 downloads)
- Application Pack - Teaching Staff (Word) (883 downloads)
- Support-Staff-Disclosure-Form-1.docx (326 downloads)
Please submit your application to The Personnel Manager, Lindsey Clark by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Harwich and Dovercourt High School, Hall Lane, Dovercourt, Harwich, Essex. CO12 3TG.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all post are subject to enhanced DBS checks.